Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: FAST CREDIT SERVICE IN 48 HOURS
Hello Mr/ Mrs
Please contact us following our email address: email@example.com
We offer a loan starting from 5.000,00$ to 10.000.000,00$ on very simple terms.Interest rate:3%.You need to make a loan:financing, home loans,investment loans,car loans,second mortgages,personal loans.You are banned bank record and you do not have the favor of banks,or better,you have a project and need financing,a bad credit record or need money to pay bills,funds to invest on companies.Our organization is not a bank and we do not need many documents.For more information contact us following this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.