Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [18.104.22.168] Subject: We Offer Private,Commercial and Personal Loans To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: firstname.lastname@example.org Reply-To: email@example.com
We Offer Private,Commercial and Personal Loans with very Minimal
annual Interest Rates as Low as 3% within a 1 year to 50 years
repayment duration period to any part of the world. We give out loans
of any range. Our loans are well insured for maximum security is our
Interested Persons should contact me
via E-mail :firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.