Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.43.136] (unknown [220.127.116.11]) Subject: LOAN OFFER @ 3% To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: firstname.lastname@example.org Reply-To: email@example.com
Are you in debt, you need a loan, fast and reliable, this is the place to get credible loans. We offer business loan, student loan, home loan, personal loan, etc. Loan interest rate of 3%. Contact us today via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with the below details.
Loan Amount Need:
contact us now at: email@example.com
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Mtn Nigeria Communication Limited City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.