Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.100.103] (unknown [188.8.131.52]) Subject: ATTN! Relief loans for individuals and businesses To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Ken Investment Inc <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
We are introducing a special package as we understand the plights of financial difficulty that will arise as a result of this global pandemic. Take advantage of our special 2% loans to avoid financial problems or to save that business.
WhatsApp contact: +34 632 35 88 40
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Alfa-o-as City: Bénin Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.