Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Luzimar Dias Carvalho <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Subject: We offer a private Loan , commercial and personal loans X-Originating-IP: [220.127.116.11]
Hello, This is from RV DR Anthony , We want to ask if you need any loan ? maybe to buy a house or start a business, pay bills? because we offer a loan with an interest rate of 2%, if yes , write to this email now (firstname.lastname@example.org) thanks as we wait for your Response to process immediately
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Outlook.com address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.