Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: AA AB <A1AZ01@outlook.com> Subject: Apply 5% Interest Loan, Fast Approval
Blue Age Finance Offers 5% Interest Loan From US$5,000.00 to US$20,000.000.00(Five Thousand to Twenty Million United States Dollars) you can apply online at www.blueagefinance.co.za or send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +27 2151 60001, you can also whatsapp us on +27 2151 60001 for more details.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The telephone numbers used and the domain suffix are from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.