Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from User (unknown [188.8.131.52]) Reply-To: <email@example.com> From: "Dr(Mr)Young Lee" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Re:Loan and Project Financing®.
Re- Loans and Project Funding®.
We offer Project Funding, Investment Funding and Loan Services for Multi-national Companies and Private Project Owners etc. We are willing,
ready to fund you’re existing or New Projects.
We offer the most flexible low interest rate 2% annually & 3 Years Grace Period for serious Investors and Borrowers.
For further Inquiry and Information about our Loan Funding Services email us for more Information:(E):email@example.com
Project Financing Executive
Asia, North America, Europe Representative
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Spectranet City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.