Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [172.20.10.14] (unknown [22.214.171.124]) Subject: Online-Kredite To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Duratio GmbH <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Die Duratio GmbH ist ein in Deutschland eingetragenes Unternehmen. Derzeit vergeben wir Online-Kredite im Bereich von 10.000 bis 50.000.000 Euro. Interessierte Bewerber erhalten eine Antwort.
Danke und Gott segne dich.
Duratio GmbH is a company registered in Germany. We are currently granting online loans in the range of 10,000 to 50 million euros. Interested applicants will receive an answer.
Thank you and God bless you.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Cell-c City: Cape Town Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Hotmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.