Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: email@example.com From: Fredrick Arndt <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Reply for more details. To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
I am making this contact with you, based on reliable information
available to me courtesy of global business index.
I have a reliable investors FIRST INVESTORS LIMITED
(www.firstinvestorsltd.com) who give out loan to Individuals and
companies. The interest rate will be 2.5% annually.
All sign-up contracts, briefings and investment portfolio management
files will be handled in United Kingdom, EUROPEAN, and UAE. If you
want to participate do indicate the part which you choose to
– Want to be an Agent/Broker?
– Investment Offer?
– Do you need a Loan?
Kindly provide the below.
Loan amount needed:
Your Phone Number:
Please Contact via email(email@example.com) ……for more information.
WhoIs details for firstinvestorsltd.com
Creation Date: 2020-02-13T09:43:18.00Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-02-13T09:43:18.00Z Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected Registrant Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is on a domain that was only registered a few months ago by someone using a privacy service to hide their identity.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.