Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org From: "INVESTMENT LENDER/ LOAN" <email@example.com> Subject: INVESTMENT LENDER/ LOAN To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
My names is John Williams, A Financial Consultant, I am connecting you
about your new Investment plan. In order to proceed immediately, I has
contacted LENDER/LOAN COMPANY (MR. IRAKLIS G. MAVROMATIDIS, the Finance
Director of BELIGETTO HOLDINGS LTD) to LOAN you some funds for period
of Ten Years (10) to enable you carry out this INVESTMENT PROJECT
without further delay. For INVESTMENT in your Country or outside your
my client will start with LENDER/LOAN of $750,
000,000 00 Million USD OR MINIMUM: US$100,000,000.00 (ONE HUNDRED
MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS).
If you are ready and interested to work with us, please respond back
so we will contact the investor so that more details will be given to
1)Your Company Profile
2) Business Plan or Investments Plan
3) Loan Application Letter
Thanking you for your understanding and co-operation.
See attached LENDER/LOAN Agreement.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.