Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Blue Oak Mortgage and Loans <email@example.com> Reply-To: Blue Oak Mortgage and Loans <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: We finance Projects and Business
Welcome to Blue Oak Mortgage and Loans.
We have a huge Portfolio of Credit, for financing projects and Business of large volume. The procedures are as follows:-
1-The client needs to send a brief summary of the project. This must include the total amount required for the project, estimated return on investment, loan repayment period.
2- The interest rate will be 2% annually.
3- Funding will take approximately 10 banking after Application Approval.
If you are satisfied with the above procedures send me a letter of intent writing on your company letterhead.
For further details to go about procuring a loan from: Kindly respond immediately to this email:
Regards, as we await your response.
Email : email@example.com
WhoIs details for bluelmtg.net
Creation Date: 2020-05-20T22:41:29 Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-05-20T22:41:29
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is on a domain that was only registered 3 months ago.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based (although the telephone number is a Turkish mobile phone) or who they are regulated by.
- Legitimate businesses do not use mobile phones as their main contact number.