Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [172.20.10.4] (unknown [22.214.171.124]) Subject: Re To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: Samuel Brandon <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARE YOU IN NEED OF LOAN @3% INTEREST RATE FOR BUSINESS AND PRIVATE
PURPOSES? IF YES:
FILL AND RETURN
Amount needed: ===
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Zainugas City: n/a Country of Origin: Uganda * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Uganda, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.