Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Mendoza Sanchez (Financial Director" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: WE OFFER PROJECT FINANCING AND LENDING SERVICES Hello,We offer project financing and lending services. Do you have any project that requires funding at the moment?. Get back to me if interested. Mendoza Sanchez (Financial Director
This email had no body, the scammer is using the subject line for his message.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- No legitimate business would send an email that had no content and relied on the subject line for it’s message.