Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org From: Kemal Lare <email@example.com> Subject: Fund For Loan, To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
I am Mr. Kemal Lare, a staff of Total oil and Gas Company I have
(€500.000.00) Five Hundred Thousand Euros only for loan, if you are
interested contact me immediately for more detail.
Mr. Kemal Lare.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email claims to be from a representative of an oil company, who would not be making loans to people.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.