Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from (220.127.116.11) by webmail.indosat.net.id; From: First For Finance Advertisement <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: First For Finance welcomes You To Level One
To Whom It May Concern:
Kindly find attached more info on our 3% fixed interest rate Special
Don’t miss this great opportunity as we look forward to welcoming you
Kindly direct all required details to: first4financeafrica@protonmail.
FIRST FOR FINANCE GROUP.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Indosatm2 Asn City: Jakarta Country of Origin: Indonesia * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Protonmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Indonesia, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.