Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Insure Cash Loans (Pty) Ltd" <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: Insure Cash Loan We Are Here For You Reply-To: <email@example.com>
Kindly Find Attached Files And Send Your Documents Back To Us.
5% Fixed Interest Rate, We Offer for all category:
Personal Loans,Home Loan, Debt Consolidation Loan And Business Loan.
Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Switchboard Tel +27 (0) 61 460 7278
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Workmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no details of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The telephone number and email domain indicate that the email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.