Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Frank Rudolf <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Subject: We give loans without upfront fees
We give nonrecourse loans without upfront fees to process the loan, the maximum duration is 10-year and maximum loan amount is 500 Million USD, also the interest rate is 1.5% annual, loans are completely processed within three working days. Respond at your earlier convenience for the provision of loan agreement.
Mr Frank Rudolf
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.