Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: AFFORDABLE LOAN OFFER To: Recipients <> From: NEUTRAL LOAN COMPANY <""@davr.gov.ua> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
We Offer Private, Commercial, Business, Personal, and Investment Loans with very Minimal annual Interest Rates as Low as 3% within a 1 year to 30 years repayment duration period to any part of the world. We give out loans within the range of $5,000.00 US Dollars to £, €, $460,000,000.00 US Dollars. If you are interested, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.