Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Bruno Olivieri <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Subject: ZFC Loan Offer X-Originating-IP: [126.96.36.199]
Hello, we at ZFC Finance Corporation would like to
inform you about our offer of loans for this season. We provide a loan
amount from $10,000 to $USD 50,000,000 for a period of 1 to 35years.
If you are interested, please let us know, your request will be processed within 48 hours.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain City: Enugu Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.