Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [220.127.116.11] Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: "Mr. Jassim Mohammed" <email@example.com> Subject: REF: PRIVATE LOANS
My name is Mr. Jassim Mohammed, executive director of Gulf business services Limited.
We are loan providers and we offer one of the lowest interest rate for long term loans.
If you have a long or short-term viable project which requires funding or you know of someone who requires such, kindly get back to me for terms and conditions.
We look forward to a cordial relationship with you.
Mr. Jassim Mohammed
Whatsup : +97162171237
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Swiftng-asn City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Outlook address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.