Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [18.104.22.168] Subject: Loan Offer To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Robert Fast Capital <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Do you need a loan? if yes, fill and return short form.
We offer loans at 2% interest rate
Loan Amount Needed:
Please contact us today via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Fast Capital
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Clear-access City: Midrand Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of whre the cpmpany offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.