Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.0.174] (unknown [126.96.36.199]) Subject: Financial Assistance 4% To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: email@example.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good day everyone, are you looking for a Quick loan at a low interest rate of 4%, Business loan, car loan, mortgage loan, personal loan , student loan and so on. Contact us through this Email: email@example.com or WhatsApp: +1-(321)-312-2680 for more INFO.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Cipherwave City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.