Loan Scam – email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [18.104.22.168] From: city bank <email@example.com> To: [REDACTED - Not my emil address] Subject: Please Reply Urgently
WE AT ZENITH FINANCE CORPORATION (ZFC} WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU ABOUT OUR OFFER OF LOANS FOR THIS SEASON.
WE PROVIDE A LOAN AMOUNT FROM USD5,000 TO USD150,000,000 FOR A PERIOD OF 1 TO 35 YEARS.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE LET US KNOW.
YOUR REQUEST WILL BE PROCESSED WITHIN 72 HOURS.
YOU CAN CONTACT US AT:
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: City: n/a Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- The email addresses used are free email addresses.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email indicates that it is from Zenith Finance Corporation, but the email addresses used both have Citi Bank in the name.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.