Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.1.8] (unknown [126.96.36.199]) Subject: URGENT LOAN FOR LEGIT BORROWERS UP TO 500 MILLION APPLY To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: email@example.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need a quick long or short term loan with a relatively low interest rate as low as 3% We offer business loan, personal loan, home loan, auto loan, student loan, debt consolidation loan e t c We are guaranteed in giving out financial services to our Do you need urgent funding Apply now – We offer personal, commercial and personal finance for your business Contact us now via:email@example.com Phone number :+44 744-857-6317 (Call/Whats app)
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Bharti Airtel Ltd., Telemedia Services City: Delhi Country of Origin: India * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Consultant.com address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from India, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.