Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: We have your back with genuine loan. From: "Mr. Simon Peter" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: al <email@example.com> X-Originating-IP: [220.127.116.11]
Do you have a project that required loan? We can assist you to get it at a very liberal terms and low interest rate.
I have the privilege to write and introduce myself to you. My name is Mr. Simon Peter, I am a financial consultant here in Dubai-UAE.
We have funds ready to be loaned to reputable companies and individuals to expand their businesses or you may have anybody who has a lucrative
business but needs an expansion, this loan will be given on a very liberal terms and low interest rate.
Please kindly get back to me for more information.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation waiting for your reply as soon as possible.
Mr. Simon Peter
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Mtn Nigeria Communication Limited City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, or who they are regulated by.
- The email claims to be from someone in the UAE, yet it originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.