Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: LOAN OFFER @ 2% RATE To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: TRUST LOAN LENDER <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
We offer loans on clear and understandable terms & conditions with low interest. Our offer ranges from $50, 000.00 – $25, 000, 000.00 USD & Euro. We offer Business, Personal, Student, Car, Mortgage, To Pay Off Bills, BG/SBLC loans at a low 2% rate. Contact us now at E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free AOL address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.