Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Sal Investment Group <email@example.com> Subject: Get back to me if you are interested. To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
We Offer Private, Commercial, Business, Personal, Investment Loan and
project financing with a very Minimal annual Interest Rates as Low as
(three percent) within a one year to fifty years repayment duration
period to any part of the world. We give out loans within the range
from Fifty Thousand US Dollars, Euro and Pounds to Ten Billion. If you
are interested, do not hesitate to contact directly.
Loan Processing Administrator
Sal Investment Group Limited.
1 Whitehall St, Floor 47
NY 10004, New York.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Citromail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.