Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Res Q Loans <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Subject: Attention!
Res Q Loans is offering personal and business loans at an affordable
interest rate with a flexible repayment period of 12 months to 15
Farmers, contractors and self employed individuals are also welcome to
For more information about our loans, please see flier.
If interested, reply swiftly for immediate response
Res Q Loans (Pty) Ltd
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Tutanota email address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.