Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Marco Peruzzo. Magni" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: LOAN OFFER APPLY NOW. To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
I’m so excited now , how I got a loan of $65,000 USD from Mr Howard of HOWARD LOAN FUNDS Online Services to buy my house within 24 hours at the rate of 2% contact (email@example.com) OR WhatsApp +19033544062 to get your loan.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email claims to be testimonial from a satisfied client. This is not something that would be emailed to random email addresses.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.