Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Rev Emily Mike <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Urgent loan offer at 3 % interest rate To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
Apply for an urgent loan at 3% interest rate. Starting from $5,000 to 50Million Dollars Reply email: email@example.com
Urgent loan offer
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.