Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [18.104.22.168] To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: firstname.lastname@example.org Reply-To: email@example.com
DO YOU NEED AN URGENT LOAN FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND CHRISTMAS VACATION IF YES? CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY FOR MORE INFO
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: connectedspace.co.za City: Cape Town Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Loan ScamFraud hotspot.