Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [172.20.10.4] ([184.108.40.206]) From: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: APPLY FOR AFFORDABLE LOANS To: Recipients <aghaliglobalfinancialltd> Reply-To: email@example.com
WE OFFER ALL KIND OF LOANS – APPLY FOR AFFORDABLE LOANS Are you a business man or woman? Are you in any financial mess or do you need funds to start up your own business? Our loans are well insured for maximum security is our priority, with a low interest rate at 2.%, please Email for more information Thanks & Regards
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: mtnnigeria.net City: Minna Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.