Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Apply for a loan now To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Suronto Finance <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Do you need a loan for your business, personal or projects?
We give out loans upto $700M USD at 3% interest rate.
Apply now by replying this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WhoIs details for surotofinance.com
Creation Date: 2021-11-28T08:49:07.00Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2022-11-28T08:49:07.00Z Registrant Name: Redacted for Privacy Registrant Organization: Privacy service provided by Withheld for Privacy ehf
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is on a domain that was anonymously registered only 4 months ago.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the “company” offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.