Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: James Darr <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Project funding To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
I am From a Turkish Based Investment Group. We are expanding our global presence by investing in viable projects across the globe.We are willing to Loan you from $10,000,000 to $300 million and more in a viable project(s)
We grant our funding at a 3% ROI per annum for 10 years and 12 months moratorium. If you have a viable project that needs funding, kindly revert back with your business plan for our review and possible funding.
NOTE: Kindly reply to this email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.