Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "G4 Finance Limited." <email@example.com> Reply-To: "G4 Finance Limited." <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Transparency!!! Secure loan at 2%
Welcome to G4 Loan Investment Company (GLIC) ,we give out loans from the range of
$10,000 to $100,000,000
at 2% interest rate.
Kindly apply by providing the details below —
Amount of loan needed…..
G4 LICENSE PRIVATE LENDING COMPANY
CEO Mark Tucker
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free AOL address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the “company” offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.