Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: email@example.com From: Milner Crawford <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: LOAN OPPORTUNITY To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
Apply for an urgent loan at 3% interest rate. Loan starting from $5,000 to 50 million Dollars only. Reply email: email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.