Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Manon Grace Therrien <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Subject: RE: Received: from [126.96.36.199]
Do you need a loan urgently, We are currently giving out loan at a very affordable rate of 3% interest rate. If you are interested kindly reply to our mail urgently.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: gloworld.com City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.