Loan Scam – email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [18.104.22.168] Subject: loan offer at 2% To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Fund <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: Positivefinance@positiveplanetngo.com
We offer all types of loans, investments, project financing and
financial support to individuals, companies around the world. We give
a 2% loan. Interest rate If you need funds, please contact us.
Company website: positiveplanet.ngo/en/
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: gloworld.com City: Benin City Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
WhoIs details for positiveplanetngo.com
Creation Date:2021-09-21T00:00:00Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2022-09-21T00:00:00Z Registrant Name: lucas jenny Registrant Organization: NA Registrant Street: Solar Apartments 90 East , #97212 highway, morgan, 70380 Registrant City: Louisiana Registrant State/Province: Louisiana Registrant Postal Code: 70380 Registrant Country: United States Registrant Phone:+1.8023641316 Registrant Phone Ext: 1 Registrant Fax: Registrant Fax Ext: Registrant Email: email@example.com
WhoIs details for positiveplanet.ngo
Creation Date: 2015-06-02T13:04:16Z Registry Expiry Date: 2022-06-02T13:04:16Z Registrant Organization: PlaNet Finance Registrant State/Province: 11 Registrant Country: FR
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email addresses used are a free Gmail address and on a domain that was registered 7 months ago by an individual in the USA.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.