Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: GREAT NEWS. To: Recipients <root> From: Susanne <root> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello I’m Susanne Klatten and I am From Germany, I can control your financial problems without resorting Banks in the range of Credit Money . We offer personal Loans and Business Loan, i am an approved and certified lender with years of experience in Loan lending and we give out Collateral and Non Collateral Loan amounts ranging from 10,000.00€ ( $) to the maximum of 500,000,000.00€ with a fixed interest of 3% on an annual basis. Do you need a Loan? Email us at: email@example.com You can also view my link and learn more about me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susanne_Klatten https://www.forbes.com/profile/susanne-klatten Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Signature, Executive Chairman Susanne Klatten.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.