Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [126.96.36.199] Subject: Re: To: Recipients <> From: <""@atauni.edu.tr> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need a personal loan or a business loan to start up a business of your own? We offer loans to all in need at very low interest rate 5% we will be able to give you any amount you want from $5,000 to $10,000,000 no collateral no credit check , contact us now for more information Email( email@example.com )
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: gloworld.com City: Epe Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.