Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Alexander Michaels <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Reply-To: Alexander Michaels <email@example.com> Subject: INVESTMENT
Greetings to you
Are you looking for funding/loans ranging from US$15m to US$500m for your business, Projects, start up funding or funding for expansion of your existing Commercial/Private Business, commercial real estate developments, road constructions or looking for partners with the desire to participate in your business, we are here to help you achieve that goal.
I represent a high network of investors with large funds who are interested in investment opportunities away from their countries. Get back to me for further details if you are in need of funding/loans.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.