Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: (unknown [22.214.171.124]) Subject: Waiting for your urgent response To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: "Mr.Phillip" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Dear customer of valuable loans,
We, the members of the general meeting and the staff of MEGAN MOORE 24HOUR LOAN SERVICE, wish you end of the Month, with good health and more financial blessings.
We want you to keep in mind that your loan is still active with our loan company and is waiting to be completed this Month ending. We recommend that you contact us so that we can complete your loan transaction with our loan company. We are happy to have you as our client.I was told to update you regarding your loan which is an inch to you that is pending here in our Company. Let me know if you are still interested in the loan.Your Loan transaction needs to be treated as a matter of urgency, as we are still willing to lend you the money.
Waiting for your urgent response.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: breakthroughmiraclelife.org City: Kireka Country of Origin: Uganda * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the “company” offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Uganda, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.