Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from APPLE09B3.localdomain (unknown [18.104.22.168]) Subject: Loan Service To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: firstname.lastname@example.org Reply-To: email@example.com
This is Mars Capital we offer loans to individuals and companies around the world, we are registered and licensed loan company,
Do you need a loan to pay your bills? do you need a loan to start up business? do you need a loan to buy an apartment? we offer all kinds of loans, if you are interested in getting a loan of any kind simply Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: rain.co.za City: Pretoria Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.