Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: email@example.com From: Mr Phil Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Hello Sir/ Madam: To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
Hello Sir/ Madam:
Do you need an urgent loan or do you desire an investment partnership?
We give out personal and business loans with short/long term duration
depending on your choice. Our loan program me is fast,
reliable, certified and guaranteed. We are offering a minimum loan
amount of $10,000.000.00 US$ to a maximum of $800,000,000.00 US$
For Further information on our service kindly respond for more details.
Mr Phil Smith
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.