Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Moneysure <email@example.com> Subject: MS:2022/24/ZA Bcc: [Redacted] X-Originating-IP: [22.214.171.124]
Introducing you to Moneysure.
We would like to help you salvage that business from collapsing or ease that personal financial burden with our loans.
To apply for a personal loan, business loan, debt consolidation loan or agricultural finance, contact us at Moneysure
We provide you with the best possible interest rate. Please see our attached flyer for more information.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: telkom.co.za City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free cash4u.com email address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the “company” offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud Loan Scam hotspot.