Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org From: Arab Investment Group <email@example.com> Subject: ARE YOU INTERESTED To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
I hope you are doing well!
We offer flexible loans and financing for a variety of projects and businesses at 3% interest per annum for a period of 5 to 15 years; We wish to invest in any viable venture or projects in your region to expand our global portfolio.
We are looking at investment opportunities in the range of US$1,000,000 to US$1 Billion and above depending on the nature of the business. Let me know if you have any projects or businesses that need funding for further discussion.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free cash4u email address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.