Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: email@example.com From: Operation Manager <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: AGREEMENT == To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
I have attached the loan agreement for your endorsement while you
return your fully endorsed copy with your valid identity for official
review and countersigning in your favor, subsequent to immediate
release of your approved loan funds through Pacific West escrow
account in your country as local transfer, and it will be credited
into your bank account in your local currency equivalent. The minimum
loan is $150,000 and the maximum loan is $7.5 Billion USD
Mrs. Shige T.
Pacific West Financial Group (PWFG).
WhatsApp / Tel: +1 (514) 448-1893.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Yahoo address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the “company” offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.