Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org From: caro loan <email@example.com> Subject: Loan Offer To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
DO YOU NEED A LOAN URGENT…TODAY
$59,800.00….. $250,000.00………. $400,000.00…… $550,000.00 plus!
APPLY…QUALIFY…GET PAID….SAME DAY!
NO NEED TO SHOP AROUND!
Various FINANCE OPTIONS available.
*Personal Loans Online / Short term loans/ Payday loans approved within minutes.
You can apply now online..24/7.
Quick and secure.
WHY STRUGGLE WITHOUT CASH?
When You can have Cash in your Bank TODAY!
(T’s & C’s apply)
Call Us: +27647665651
Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Caroline Martines
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free AOL address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.