Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from Billion.lan (unknown [22.214.171.124]) Subject: Wichtige Informationen To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Kollid Finance <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Benötigen Sie einen Kredit mit einem Zinssatz von 3 % und erhalten Sie eine Genehmigung innerhalb von 24 Stunden? Senden Sie uns eine E-Mail mit der gewünschten Menge und Dauer.
Google translation to English
Do you need a loan with a 3% interest rate and get approval within 24 hours? Send us an e-mail with the desired quantity and duration.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Cool-ideas City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.