Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.8.101] (unknown [220.127.116.11]) Subject: Re: To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Donation <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Looking for a loan urgently? Would you like to settle your bills and Purchase property (Investment loan)/ Building loan? I can guarantee you 24 hours loan approval.
We are a world class Investment company offering all kinds of financial services with flexible repayment terms and a timely closing schedule.
Contact us via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Telkom-internet City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Yandex address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.